If your organization blocked Monthly channel and allows for Semi-Annual Channel(Targeted). Ideally, it is good practice to allow only a few peoples to test the new features to pilot before enabling it for complete users.
We also block Office updates from through the Group Policy. If Pilot users allowed in the targeted channel, those users also get blocked from the Update to the Monthly Channel.
The Office 365 ProPlus update model supports 4 production channels;
- Monthly Channel (Targeted),
- Monthly Channel,
- Semi-annual Channel (Targeted),
- Semi-annual Channel.
In the below steps, we will see how to convert the Semi-Channel to the Latest version.
- Launch PowerShell as an administrator.
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\”
3. Run the following command
\OfficeC2RClient.exe /changesetting Channel=Monthly
4. Run the following command
.\OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user
It will start updating the latest version.