Action Needed, No Internet Error in Sophos Firewall connected Machines
- Machines are able to connect to Sophos XG Firewalls.
- DHCP Scope provides IP addresses to the Client Machines without any issues.
- Internet is working without any issues in the client machines
- Wherein it throws an error “Action Needed, No Internet” though the internet works without any problems.
- Reconfigured WIFI Devices connected to the firewall.
- Reconfigured DHCP SCOPE on the firewall
- Changes are done in the DNS configurations.
- reconfigured Port Interface.
After all the troubleshooting, It was still giving the same error and not getting fixed.
After all the troubleshooting, Realized that it is trying to connect msftconnecttest.com Site for ActiveProbe testing which is default behavior of Windows devices to test the internet connectivity and update the status of the WIFI or Ethernet.
tried with the following settings,
- Go to search and type regedit, press Enter.
- Right-click on the Registry Editor and click Run as administrator
- Navigate to the following folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet
- Double-click on EnableActiveProbing to edit the value
- Change the Value data from 1 to 0
- The internet availability probing of msftconnecttest.com should stop immediately.
After the EnableActiveProbing was disabled, the Status got changed to Connected and everything worked well without any further notifications.
The issue is Msftconnecttest.com is HTTP Site and it is looking for the Response back from the Servers responsible for the site.
Since the Firewall is stopping the HTTP Response, it has not received any response which turned to “Action Needed, No Internet”
Hence In the Sophos Firewall, Created a policy under an exception in WEB–> Exceptions.
Finally, The issue got resolved and the machines not showing an error anymore.